Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Nothing Compares To Being A Mom!!!



I have a nine month old son, and I have never enjoyed doing or being anything more than a mom. He loves me so much, and it is obvious. My son makes me feel important and special, and he gives me the ambition to do my very best in school and life in general. In return, I try my best to make him happy, self confident, and secure. Parents determine how their child progresses developmentally, and I am doing everything possible to help him reach his maximum potential. Learning starts at birth, so why wait until preschool?

He is crawling all over now, and I played a huge role in him learing to crawl. I got on the floor with him, and I crawled. I also set up blocks and cheered and clapped for him each time he knocked them down. Then I would move the blocks out a few inches so he would have to move to get to them. I did this for three weeks, each day moving the blocks farther from him, and now he crawls everywhere. I work with him daily on colors, shapes, body parts, and emotions. I want to ensure he has the best possible chance to learn everything necessary to go to school prepared. I read him a book everyday that portrays the message, " I love you no matter what you do." I am the president of Parents as Students at my college, and we focus on child safety, abduction prevention, and story readings and playgroups. I also take him to a playgroup the first Wednesday of every month for Parents As Teachers. I enrolled in Brighter Visions, and I educate my son with their materials. I would totally recommend it to any mother.

I've written seven children's books, dedicated to my son. The series is called Austin Has A Conscience. Each book has a subtitle. Each book teaches a moral lesson. One of my books was published. It is called Austin Has A Conscience "Angie's Ponytail". It is the second book in he series. Book one will come out next year if it sells good. I 've already received my copies, but it won't be in stores until late April or early May. It is available for pre order at http://www.barnesandnoble.com.

One of my favorite things about having him is playing dress up with him. I love to dress him really stylish, comb his hair, and spray Tommy cologne on him so he looks and smells like a little man. One bad habit I have is letting him sleep with me in my bed everynight. Now if I try to put him in his own room he gets really upset. When he gets upset, so do I . This is why I try to do whatever is necessary to make him happy. It's a shame he won't sleep in his room. I designed his room while I was pregnant, and everyone who sees it says it is one of the most creative and nicest nursery's they have ever seen. Right now I am obsessing over my son's first birthday. He is having a pool party, and I am going to make sure it is perfect. I already made my list of people to invite, decorations, party favors, snack recipes, cacke description, games, and every other thing you can think of. His name is Austin Levi, and he was born on July 12, 2005.

Sites That Correspond With My Entry:
http://www.brightervision.com
http://www.parentsasteachers.org
http://eccparents.bravehost.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!