Thursday, April 13, 2006

Being A Mom And A Student

I am only currently taking two classes, but next semester I am taking five. I thought it would be really hard to be a good mom and make good grades, but I was totally wrong. The trick is to involve your child in your studying. I read my chapters out loud to him when he is awake. I make flashcards to prepare for tests, and I quiz myself outloud to my son during his meal times. He seems to enjoy this. Ironically, having my son has improved my study habits. I have to get up early in the morning, and without him I would probably spend a lot more time sleeping. I take advantage of his nap times, however. When he naps, I usually always nap too. One difficult thing to do is write a paper when he is awake. I usually do those types of assignments when he is asleep. Right now I have a 4.0 GPA. I have got 100% on three of my last four tests. Another reason for my success is becuase my son gives me a reason to do my best. I want to accomplish my goal to complete school and get my dream job so that our future is secure. I need to have a career to fall back on that is prominent enough that if necessary I could support myself and my son without my husband's income. As of now, I rely on my husband a lot. I am a little nervous about next semesters course load, but mostly I am worried about being away from him three days out of the week, each for 8 hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!