Friday, April 14, 2006

Ever Lost Something Really Important???


I am photo freak. Since my son was born in July, I have taken nearly 800 pictures, not to mention all the videos I've made. My 1G media card would only hold 500 pictures, so I transfered them to my computer, cleared the media card, and started taking pictures like crazy again. I had 169 pictures that were taken since January and several videos on my media card, and I submitted the photos to ge developed. I picked up 232 pictures I had taken with my mom's camera that same day. Anyway, I completed my order, and my son was fussing really badly. I almost left without completing the order because of his behavior, but I managed to get it placed. Due to the hectic situation I forgot my memory card in the machine. I didn't realize until later that night, and by then it was gone. I was depressed all day yesterday because of this. Picture taking is more than a hobby to me. It is a way to capture a moment, and with my son I want to capture every moment of his life possible because he is growing up so fast. Pictures are sacred to me. I have thousands of pictures I've collected through my life, since kindergarten. This may seem crazy, but if my house was on fire I would first grab my son, yell for my dog and cat, and get them outside to safety. Then when I went in to try and save what I could, the first things I would grab are my pictures, especially the canvases on my wall. I picked the prints up today, and I had them backed up on a cd, so it isn't that big of a loss, but I still freaked out over it. Have you ever had something like this happen to you? What is sacred to you???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!