Monday, April 24, 2006

Austin's Easter





Austin had a great Easter. I decorated with balloons, and I made posters. I also dyed 4 dozen eggs. Needless to say, I went a little overboard. Austin had three Easter baskets. One from grandma, great grandma, and me. Plus, he got tons of presents. It was practically like Christmas for him. I hid plastic eggs inside for him to find, and he found most of them. He is oly 9 months old, so I didn't really hide the eggs. I sat them in places he was likely to look. I made a video of the entire event, basket opening, gift giving, the egg hunt, and anything else that went on that day. I placed some eggs outside, hoping he would go right to them, but getting a baby to go to an Easter egg can be a little tricky. I came up with a genius idea, and it really worked. I let my dog Pinny off her leash, and I threw dog treats to her, next to each egg. I would throw a treat next to an egg, and she would instantly go to retreive her treat. Austin, who loves her, crawled to her every single time. He observed the eggs, even touched some of them, but I never could get him to pick one up. Overall, it was a lot of fun. If you have a baby who is able to crawl, I recommend trying the doggie treat trick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!